Are you looking for a fun activity to do with kids
on these cold rainy days?
Try these chestnut figures!
All you need are some chestnuts, wooden toothpicks,
colored paper, glue, googly eyes and a marker and bottle opener.
We have prepared 4 different chestnut figures: a caterpillar,
a hedgehog, a bat and a spider.
- Step 1: put holes in two of the chestnuts on each side with the bottle opener.
On two other chestnuts you only have to poke one hole on the side.
- Step 2: cut two toothpicks in half
- Step 3: put the toothpicks in the holes to connect the chestnuts with each other
- Step 4 + 5: Glue eyes on and draw a mouth
is supposed to be the face and connect them with another toothpick
- Step 2: draw out the wings of the bat
- Step 3: cut the wings out with scissors
- Step 4: glue the wings and eyes on the cestnut and draw a mouth
- Step 2: cut toothpicks in half
- Step 3: poke holes in chestnut with bottle opener
- Step 4: put the toothpicks in the holes
- Step 5: glue eyes on the chestnut and draw a face
- Step 2: bend toothpicks
- Step 3: put 4 holes on each side of the chestnut
- Step 4: but the bent toothpicks in the holes
- Step 5: glue eyes on the chestnut
Have fun making these chestnut figures!